Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
The combination of meaty roasted cauliflower florets, savory parmesan cheese, and bright thyme make this roasted cauliflower dish a favorite all year. Especially now if you are trying to stretch out leaving the house and still make something your family, cough *kids, will eat.
I love to make this dish in bulk and eat throughout the week as a lunch, or as a side dish to heavier meats such as my Fantastic Flank Steak. However, my favorite preparation tactic is to serve this as an appetizer on my charcuterie board with other items such as cheese, cured meats, fresh fruits, and vegetables.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
What you need
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets (I will use 3 if the heads are small and can all fit onto a baking dish easily once chopped)
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4th cup of olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Toss cauliflower florets on a large rimmed baking sheet with thyme, garlic powder, and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (I do actually taste these raw to make sure I have a good flavor balance).
- Roast, tossing occasionally every 10 minutes, until almost tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with Parmesan, toss to combine, and roast until cauliflower is tender, 10–12 minutes longer.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
*As you will see by my photos after I have allowed the dish to cool, I like to top with fresh cilantro for added brightness and a little more zest to the dish. If you would like to do this as well use sparingly so you do not overpower the flavor of the thyme.
I wish I could say that this dish was harder to cook, but it just isn’t. This will be an easy dish that you will make over and over in your house with zero regrets. Cauliflower is so low in calories as well as carbs and high in potassium, vitamin C, fiber and vitamin B that making it a few times will be guilt-free.
Now the last thing you have to do as my daughter would say is Eat, Eat and with a nutritional boost like that why wouldn’t you?