Christmas Morning Keto Casserole
Christmas morning is chaotic and packed with activity as it comes, there is no need to make the food stressful as well. I love to make this casserole dish because I just throw it in the oven and it cooks as we are opening gifts. I don't have to sit and watch it.
This casserole is the perfect quick and easy make-ahead keto friendly meal for your entire family.
Keto Breakfast Casserole
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
What You Need
- 6-7 eggs
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbed, you can use more
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 yellow peppers, chopped
- 2 orange peppers, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
What You Will Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Chop up the veggies (spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and shallots).
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chopped veggies, not including the spinach to the pan. Sautee for a few minutes until the veggies are soft.
- Add the veggies to the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the veggies throughout the dish.
- Into the same sauté pan add handfuls of spinach and stir till it wilts. Continue until cooked.
- Add the spinach on top of the veggies in the baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
- Next add in the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the eggs are cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from the oven.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- This will stay in the refrigerator, for 3 days in an airtight container.
Now the last thing you have to do, as my daughter would say is, "Eat, Eat."