5 Fun Halloween Themed Exercises
Summer has come to an end and the holiday season is almost upon us. This special time of year kicks off with Halloween, which means candy for the kids and, if we’re being honest, also for the parents, many of whom (myself included) tend to “confiscate” a portion of the loot for themselves. Adding in an extra workout to help burn off the extra sugar is always a good idea.
I love holiday themed workouts. They are a great way to mix it up while adding a little extra fun to your exercise routine. This Halloween themed workout is one of my personal favorites – I especially like that it’s a great one to do with your kids:
This routine includes:
- Frankenstein Walk: A great warm up to help get the blood flowing while coming back to life! Walk from one side of the room to the other keeping your legs stiff and your hands out in front of you. Every third step, raise your legs up to try to reach your outstretched hands.
- “Spider”-man Push-ups: While performing a push-up, as you come up bring one knee up to meet your elbow on the same side. If you’re feeling good about that move, try to bring your same side arm up to “shoot the web”.
- Pirate Planks: Arrrrgh! In a plank position, “walk”/crawl forward four step then hold one arm out like you are holding a sword in the air for 20-60 seconds. Repeat using the other arm.
- Lurker Lateral Lunges: Become the monster! Start standing, then step out to the side far enough to where the leg you are stepping towards is bent to about a 90-degree angle. Keep your knee behind your toes. When you reach that position reach your arms up and do your best terrifying monster impression – growl included!
- Boo-urpees: Did you ever think you might die while doing burpees? Well, these are the burpees you would use to haunt your trainer with in the afterlife! Perform a burpee – drop down, do a push-up (optional), jump back up, then jump up into the air – as you bend down to get ready for your jump at the end of each burpee though, pause for a second and cover your eyes, then jump up while uncovering your eyes at the same time and yelling “BOO!!!”.
Have fun with this workout. It’s a great way to introduce your younger children to exercise while making it a family affair.
Want more quick workout ideas? Check out our Quick Workouts playlist on our YouTube channel.