Garlic and Herb Chicken Burgers
I love substituting lighter and less fatty meat for traditional hamburger. In this case, I used ground chicken to substitute. The best part is that due to the low-fat content, the burgers tend to cook very fast! What's more perfect than a delicious dinner that is superfast to cook?
Garlic and Herb Chicken Burgers Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
What You Need
For the Chicken Burgers:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch of baby kale (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced (optional)
- 4 slices of cheese of your preference (optional)
What You Will Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, ½ cup breadcrumbs, garlic, Herbs de Provence, cumin, salt, and pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the chicken mixture into four even balls, or smaller to your liking.
- Shape each ball into about a ½-inch patty and repeat with the remaining chicken balls until all of the burgers are formed.
- Bring a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and warm.
- Place each chicken patty into the skillet.
- Cook for about 4 minutes per side, flipping the patties with a spatula, or until they reach at least 165˚F in the center of the burgers using a meat thermometer.
- Remove the patties from the skillet and place to the side.
- Cut the brioche buns in half and place them into the skillet to toast the inside.
- On the bun place the chicken patty. Also add the cheese, avocado, a slice of tomato or kale, to your liking.
- Try not to overcook the burgers, as they can quickly dry out. I recommend watching consistently.
- The chicken burgers will stay in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. You can simply reheat in the microwave.
Now the last thing you have to do, as my daughter would say is, "Eat, Eat."