Breakfast to Go: Breakfast Burritos
No time to lose in the morning? Need a portable breakfast option that can be ready to go at a moment’s notice? Check out these grab-and-go breakfast burritos!
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 burrito
Nutrition per serving:
Calories 330Fat 18 gCarbs 28 gFiber 5 gProtein 20 g
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 5 small mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 slices Canadian bacon
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, and mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Remove cooked vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together until well combined. Heat remaining oil in pan and add the eggs. Stir occasionally.
- Add cooked scrambled eggs to vegetables and stir to combine
- Place each of the tortillas on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Add a scoop of egg/vegetable mixture to tortilla and top with cheese.
- Roll tortillas up, wrapped in plastic and place in freezer Ziploc bag.
- To reheat, place one burrito on a plate and cook in microwave for 90 seconds to 3 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
Tip: Pull out burrito the night before you want to eat and let thaw in refrigerator to decrease cook time for the next morning.