Fit Tip: No-Equipment HIIT Workout
Not sure if the local gym is going to be open or not? No gym – no problem! This workout is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) designed to torch calories and not take up a ton of time. Do each exercise for 1 minute, followed by a 1 minute rest. Repeat this three times.
- Star Jumps
- Mountain climbers
- Frog Jumps
- Spiderman Planks
- Squat low with hand at your feet
- Jump up in an explosive movement up into a star with arms and legs spread wide.
- This is a great exercise to work all the muscles of your lower body
- Start in a push-up position, but bend at your elbows and rest on your forearms instead of your hands. Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles. (Don’t lift your butt up higher!) Suck in your stomach and squeeze your glutes.
- Lift your right foot off the floor and raise your knee as close to your chest as you can.
- Touch the floor with your right foot.
- Return to the start position.
- Alternate with the left foot, like you are running in place.
- Start with a bodyweight squat, making sure your knees don’t go past your toes.
- From this low position jump forward to land in another squat.
- Lying on your stomach, lift your legs and arms off the floor, arms reaching straight in front of you (like Superman flying)
- Remember to tighten your glutes and back muscles during this exercise
- Start in a push-up position, but bend at your elbows and rest on your forearms instead of your hands.
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles. (Don’t lift your butt up higher!) Suck in your stomach and squeeze your glutes.
- Bring your right knee up and towards the side, about hip height.
- Twist your core to look towards your knee.
- Bring your leg back to start position and repeat on the other side.
Remember to listen to your body. As you build up your endurance and power moves you will be able to complete more reps of each exercise. This is a great workout to do at home or if you have to travel.