Tips to Get Fit. For Free!
Making the decision to get moving doesn't have to begin with your wallet. There are many free tools and actions you can take to get fit without spending a penny. Nautilus has recently announced Bowflex SelectTech App for iOS, a free, interactive weight training app. In honor of this new application, we want to share a few tips to get moving if you're on a budget.
- Use your lunch break at work to go for a walk with a co-worker. This will give you time to refresh and release some of those endorphins to get through the rest of the day.
- Take the stairs whenever you can! This one is an oldie, but a goodie.
- Take your dog out for a walk. Do you always take your dog for a walk in the morning? Try adding a second walk to your routine after work.
- Go for an after-dinner stroll. It will help you digest, burn some extra calories and sleep better.
- If you live downtown or near restaurants and grocery stores, walk instead of driving. You'll burn some extra calories and you'll even save on gas.
- Download free health and fitness apps to keep you motivated and track your improvement. For instance, with the Bowflex® SelectTech® Trainer, you can get free trainer-led workouts!
- YouTube is also a great resource for free and quick workouts you can do from the comfort of your own home. Bowflex Insider contributor and celebrity trainer Jennifer Galardi posts great videos that you can follow along from home. Check out her YouTube profile here.
- Share your fitness accomplishments with your friends on social media. The support will add fuel to your motivation.
- Go for a hike or go running outside.
You don't need a gym membership to get that heart rate going.