Get a Taste of Summer with Recipes from Celebrity Chef Donatella Arpaia
If you are looking for tasty recipes to try this summer — look no further. Our friend, celebrity chef and restaurateur Donatella Arpaia shared two delicious, summer-inspired treats to enjoy with friends and family this sunny season.
Sparkling Watermelon Dessert
- 18 ounces full-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1" cubes
- Maldon sea salt
- Pop Rocks
- ¼ cup tiny mint leaves
- Combine sugar and egg whites in medium bowl and beat with electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture forms soft peaks — the consistency of shaving cream.
- Fold egg white mixture into yogurt until no whites appear.
- Fold heavy cream into mixture until combined. Stir in lemon juice.
- Place 5 pieces of watermelon on a dessert plate. Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt cream on top. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and top with a teaspoon of Pop Rocks and some mint leaves.
Coconut Banana Quinoa Breakfast Mug
- 3 tablespoons cooked quinoa
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 egg (cold)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons toasted sweetened coconut
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a large microwave-safe mug. Mix thoroughly until batter is formed and place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Microwave for 45 seconds. Wait 10 seconds, then microwave again for 15 seconds. Wait 10 more seconds and then microwave for an additional 10 to 15 seconds or until cake starts to expand past mug.
- Remove from oven and gently flip mug over onto a plate. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with mini chocolate chips.
Donatella Arpaia is a restaurateur, cookbook author and a television personality who appears on The Food Network. Arpaia is a regular judge on The Food Network's, "Iron Chef America," and "The Next Iron Chef."