Get Ready for Spring Break with this Chest Workout
Getting ready for Spring Break? Try this at home chest blasting workout!
This high intensity chest blasting workout is done with no equipment, so it's perfect for when you don't have time to get to the gym. It is very short (4 minutes) and is for all levels with modifications. Ideally you want to do the entire routine with your knees in the air and a straight line from the top of your head to your heels. If the exercises get too hard, it is very important not to stop. Always drop to the easier level. If you have more time, take a 2 minute break and repeat the video.
Throughout the workout make sure you follow these rules:
- Never straighten your arms fully or lock your elbows. Always keep them slightly bent. This works your muscles and not your joints.
- Exhale on the way down and inhale on the way up. Never hold your breath.
- Focus on pressing the floor away from you.
- If something tightens up or bothers you, immediately stop, fix it, and continue.
- Keep your face relaxed. You want to move the tension out of your body, not shift it anywhere else.
How does your chest feel after the workout? From 1-10 how hard was it for you? (10 being hard and 1 being easy). If it was 4 or above wait 3 days and try it again. Each time it gets easier and easier.