Savory Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Do you get tired of eggs, oatmeal, or smoothies but don't want a sweet muffin for breakfast? Egg muffins never reheat very well, in my opinion, but these savory breakfast muffins are hearty, keep well in the fridge for up to a week or freezer for 2 months, and are easy to grab, reheat for 30 seconds, and go. I cook extra bacon or sausage on the weekends to have these prepped for the week. Try different combinations of vegetables and add cheese for variety.
Savory Breakfast Muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 26 minutes
Total time: 41 minutes
Serving size: 1 muffin
Nutrition per serving:
Calories 125Fat 5 gCarbs 14 gFiber 2 gProtein 6 g
- 3-4 strips bacon or 2/3 cups sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain quick oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Heat pan over medium heat, coat with cooking spray, and cook pepper and spinach.
- Combine oats, flour, and baking powder. Add cumin and garlic salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until combined (dough will be slightly dry).
- Spoon batter into muffin tin. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Be sure to check out our other recipes for more delicious and healthy meals.