All things Pumpkin - even Hummus!
Pumpkin hummus, say what!? I know, I thought the same thing while I was testing and perfecting this recipe. I didn’t know if it was going to be sweet or savory but yu-humm. And this one is husband and kid-tested, mother-approved. My husband’s not exactly a health nut so if he gives it a stamp of approval, it really is good!
This simple Autumn dip pairs well with crisp raw vegetables, especially carrots, red bell pepper strips, snap peas, and cucumber. The pumpkin makes this hummus extra creamy without being overly pumpkin-y. Make ahead to pull out during the week, pack in lunches, or whip up a batch for parties and Fall-time festivities.
Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 3 tablespoons
Nutrition per serving:
Calories 90Fat 5 gCarbs 9 gFiber 3 gProtein 3 g
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- Dash of salt
- Light dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika, plus a sprinkle on top at the end
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. water if you need to thin out the hummus
- Place all ingredients in blender; mix until all ingredients are well-combined and hummus is smooth.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with an extra dash of paprika.
Keeps for one week in the fridge.