Power-packed Healthy Breakfast Foods for Muscle Gain
Trying to add muscle mass, but find it hard to eat more food? Try these nutrient-rich healthy breakfast foods (or eat them any time of day!) to fuel your body, and get a balance of high-quality protein and complex carbs to stay energized without feeling weighed down. Getting protein evenly distributed throughout the day, rather than all of your protein at lunch and dinner, also promotes muscle preservation and growth.
*Each meal is between 500-600 calories and 15-25g of protein.
The Loaded Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1/3 of medium avocado
- 1 slice cheese
- 2 slices ham or Canadian bacon
- Fry or scramble eggs while bread toasts. Heat Canadian bacon in same pan.
- Spread avocado on toast. Top with egg, cheese, and Canadian bacon. Place second slice of toast on top.
Overnight Apricot Steel Cut Oats
- ½ cup dry steel cut oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Place oats and molasses in a container and put in fridge overnight.
- Top with apricots and nuts just before eating.
The Lean, Mean Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 small banana
- 1 serving vanilla whey protein powder (look for whey protein isolate as first ingredient)
- 2 tablespoon all-natural peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup dry plain oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Ice & water
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix. Adjust consistency by adding ice or water.