Portion Control Made Easy
If you don’t want to measure and weigh every last morsel of food, here are a few tricks to keep portions in check:
- Only eat what can fit in your two hands cupped together at one sitting
- Use smaller plates, bowls, and glasses, which will automatically reduce portions
- Fill half of your plate with vegetables at lunch and dinner
- Always order the smallest possible size or order a la carte when eating out
- Use the white space rule: Allow space in between each type of food on your plate and don’t allow different foods to touch. This works especially well at buffets, potlucks, and holidays!
- Cut higher calorie foods in half and share with someone, save the rest for later, or throw out if you’re tempted to devour it all in one sitting.