Mother's Day Gifts For Your Active Mom
It's hard to believe it's almost that time of year again, when you take a moment to remind your mom just how much she means to you. We've gathered some great gift ideas for moms on-the-go and healthier minded moms and hope you're inspired to find something a little out of the ordinary for your own mom this year!
- A Smarter Tracker: If your mom is ready to graduate from the most basic fitness device, now would be a great time to upgrade her to a Huawei Fit which automatically monitors activity and sleep tracking, along with heart rate measurements. Two stand-out features are the multi-sport modes that actually work; so she can set up a custom running plan and then switch over to swimming – and yes, the Fit is actually waterproof, so she can hit the pool and keep track of her exertions. Best of all? The battery will last for 6 days (I tried it. It didn't conk out and kept going until day 8). The price is about $129.99, but keep an eye out for holiday specials and incentives.
- Stylish Sneakers: Part Mary Jane, part fitness shoe, OTBT's (short for Off the Beaten Track) newest hybrid, Star Dust in silver, is perfect for your athleisure obsessed mother. Light enough to pack in a gym bag, rugged enough to wear for a long walk and cute enough to wear to lunch, this shoe will remind her why you've always been her favorite.
- Purer Air: I enlisted my own mom's help with coming up with ideas for gifts this year, and she gives two very enthusiastic thumbs up to Dyson's Pure Hot + Cool Link purifier which automatically purifies 99.97% of the pollutants it detects and also acts as a bladeless fan or heater if needed. My mom reports back that even her intense allergies have been tamed since using her new Dyson (nicknamed R2D2) and she's sleeping better. It's also incredibly easy to use and comes with a remote control that allows her to control heat, coolness or fan speed with an easy click of a button. If like mine, your mother loathes air conditioning, this will also cool up her space without a deep freeze factor.
- Ridiculously Cute Socks: Remind your mother that she rocks your socks with these unbelievably cute unicorn camo socks (and matching panties if you're so inclined) from Sock it to Me. Want to show the world how much you love your momma but aren't ready for any ink? Show up sporting these tattoo socks to the next family gathering.
- Personalized Race Jewelry: An avid runner herself, Erica Sara creates jewelry that isn't just personalized with mom's favorite details or inspiration, but also includes her best times, goals and more. Feeling extra cutesy? Have matching pieces made up for both you and your mother.
- Sportier Earbuds: Just because you can't afford to treat mom to a personal running coach, doesn't mean you can't treat her to the experience. Jabra Sport Pace wireless earbuds hold a charge for about 5 hours of talk or music and deliver not only a wireless sound experience, but also a guided fitness experience or personal trainer in a headset. (You should probably also download the Jabra sport life app for her to prove what fantastic offspring she has).
- Tech/Not Techy: If your mother loves the idea of technology more than the download or fiddly parts, she'll probably adore the Bamboo Slate, a lightweight, smart notepad that allows her to transfer handwritten notes and drawings from paper to her phone or tablet with the push of a button. It's a nice way for her to keep track of her calories, lists or best times ever. It can be slightly fiddly to set up the syncing, but it's a nice way to tune out from constantly being connected and then picking up right where she left off.
- Take a Stand: If mom needs something to hold her smartphone while she's on her TreadClimber, the Ventev chargestand 3000c is a desktop charger, a smartphone stand and portable battery all rolled into one convenient package.
- Guilty Pleasures: Just because your mother pretends to be highbrow, doesn't mean she's not up for a binge of Stranger Things on Netflix or Nashville on Hulu. With the Roku Streaming Stick, she can watch her favorites anytime anyplace using the enclosed remote or her smartphone.
- A Sorta Spa: You don't have to splurge to treat your mother to a spa experience. Check out Ulta (or your favorite drugstore) for a huge selection of paper sheet masks including Karuna Age-Defying+ Face Sheet Mask – a steal at only $8.00 or Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Acne Fighting Sheet Mask great for use after a particularly intense workout. Hypersoothe is a lightweight topical cream infused with essential oils and natural plant extracts to provide relief for sore muscles and joints; ideal for the busy mom who doesn't have time to go to the spa for a sports massage but deserves some pampering.