Kale Sweet Potato Hash Recipe
This versatile dish is one of my all-time winter favs! The contrast of colors, flavors, and textures provided by nutritious powerhouse vegetables kale and sweet potato make for a filling tasty meal that can be topped with an egg for breakfast, diced chicken for lunch, or sausage for dinner.
Kale Sweet Potato Hash
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
Nutrition info (approximately 1 cup of hash without additional protein option):
Calories 115Fat 6 gCarbs 14 gFiber 3 gProtein 2 g
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cups kale (stems removed)
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rice Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat water and oil over medium-high heat in large saute pan.
- Add sweet potato, pepper, and onion; cook for 5–6 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add kale and cook until kale is soft and wilted.
- Season with salt, pepper, and vinegar.
- Add additional protein, if desired.
Optional add-ins: fried egg, cooked diced chicken, or diced cooked chicken sausage