“In-a-Pinch” 2-Minute Omelet
Now that school is starting up again, and rushing out the door after helping get the kids ready is becoming the norm, it’s nice to have a quick breakfast option that you can turn to. This super quick omelet is easy to make, nutritious, and can even travel with you if you need something “to-go.”
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Nutrition per serving (without optional mix-ins):
Calories 218Fat 11 gSodium 383 mgSugar 2 gProtein 11 g
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 additional whole egg)
- 2 tbs low-fat milk
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbs salsa
- 2 tbs red bell pepper, diced
- 5 spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs lean turkey or ham
- 1 piece bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbs vegetable(s) of choice
- Spray coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Whisk together all ingredients until well mixed.
- Microwave on high for 45–60 seconds; stir and cook for an additional 45–60 seconds.
(Cook time may vary depending on microwave.)