Healthy Recipe: One-Pan Chicken, Potatoes, and Veggies
With the rush of the new school year underway, and trying to get used to different schedules, use this recipe to fit a home-cooked dinner into everyone's new routines without compromising health, taste, or time. What could be better than only having one pan to wash after a home-cooked meal? Double the recipe to have leftovers later in the week or use for lunches the following day.
One-Pan Chicken, Potatoes, and Veggies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 of total
Nutrition per serving (using two large chicken breasts and greapseed oil):
Calories 380Fat 10 gCarbs 45 gFiber 7 gProtein 28 g
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 medium carrots, diced or 1 ½ cups baby carrots
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves or 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 4 chicken breasts (or 2 large ones cut in half)
- 1 10 oz bag fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In large baking or roasting pan, combine the first eight ingredients and toss to coat.
- Roast veggies for 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Salt and pepper chicken and add to pan. Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until juice from chicken runs clear.
- Add spinach to chicken and veggies and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Be sure to check out our other recipes for more delicious and healthy meals.