Warm white fluffy pancakes are hard to beat, but they don't do much for keeping your waistline trim, especially if they're smothered in syrup and butter. After searching blogs, websites and Pinterest high and low, I couldn't find a decent tasting and healthy pancake recipe. This is the formula I came up with that will keep you full and energized and won't tip the scale in the wrong direction.
Plain oats and flaxseed take the place of flour. Yogurt and eggs provide plenty of protein. And a topping of your choice like nuts or peanut butter is a healthy fat. These flapjacks have everything you need for a balanced breakfast!
All-in-one Power Pancakes
Yield: 1 serving – Calories per Serving: 350 (450 with toppings)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 3 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
Optional: Fruit mixed in (like berries or mashed banana)
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until everything is well-combined (about 60 seconds).