A Healthy Halloween Party Treat: Individual Baked Apples
Nothing beats ending a chilly fall day with a freshly baked sweet treat! Individual Baked Apples have the flavors of warm apple crisp without the calories! Whether you’re planning a Halloween party, weekend get-together, or want a festive weeknight treat without the hassle, these baked apple desserts are simple and delicious!
Individual Baked Apples
Serving size: ½ apple
Nutrition per serving:
Calories 130Fat 2 gCarbs 25 gFiber 3 gProtein 3 g
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. whole-wheat flour (or almond flour for gluten-free option)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 2 medium apples (I like Honeycrisp)
- Optional: Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet or glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add the dry ingredients (oats through salt). Stir to combine.
- Add the beaten egg to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cut the apples in half, cutting through the core. Cut out the core and make a shallow hole in the apple. Lay the apples in the baking dish, cut side up. Spoon the oat mixture onto the apples and spread out evenly.
- Cover the apples with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Serve warm, or chilled.
- Top with a spoonful of vanilla Greek yogurt and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.