Friday Fives, May 19, 2017
April showers bring May flowers, but they also bring along delicious, garden-grown fruits and vegetables. Gardening offers the benefits of exercise through functional fitness, along with providing vitamins and minerals that are crucial for a healthy, well-rounded diet. We turned to our favorite health and fitness bloggers to pull together some of our favorite benefits of gardening.
- Burning calories is a perk of gardening that many do not think of. The Spruce shared how gardening is great way to exercise and the benefits you could be receiving from your time outside.
- Dishing Up The Dirt shared a recipe for a spring bok choy and turnip lentil curry that can be on the table in less than hour.
- Wellness Mama shared that gardeners are known to have a longer life expectancy than most.
- If you are looking for a way to utilize the fruits and vegetables coming from your garden, try one of these 20 farm-to-table salad recipes from Dr. Axe that will help you ensure nothing goes to waste.
- Healthy Harvest shared a recipe for a delicious spring frittata that can be customized to include any vegetables you have on hand. It's a breakfast the whole family will enjoy.
Check out more Friday Fives for other great health and fitness articles.