Friday Fives June 1st, 2018
Unofficially, it’s the start of summer, but officially it is the start of fresh fruits and veggies month. In honor of this month devoted to appreciating and enjoying fresh produce, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite recipes:
- The Toasted Pine Nut shared this grilled summer veggie pasta salad, which is great fresh and for leftovers – make it in bulk to avoid using your stove in the hot summer months.
- Looking for healthy, no bake fruit desserts? Jessica in the Kitchen shared 15 no-guilt recipes – including vegan and gluten-free options.
- Take the hassle of out dinnertime by roasting fresh vegetables for a well-rounded side dish. Registered dietitian and Bowflex Insider contributor Erin Kuh walks you through how to make them extra tasty while staying healthy.
- Two Healthy Kitchens created a recipe for kid-friendly, no-bake fruit pizzas, which are great when you want a tasty treat without having to use any heat.
- Never know how to select the ripest fruits and vegetables? Mind Over Munch shared how to pick the perfect produce and why you shouldn’t judge “ugly” fruits and vegetables by their appearance.
Check out more Friday Fives for other great health and fitness articles.