Friday Fives July 20th, 2018
If you live in the part of the U.S. currently suffering from a heat wave, the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven or stove to prepare meals. Luckily, there are great options out there to help you keep things cool and avoid additional heat!
We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite healthy meal options for you to check out, so you can prepare meals without heating up the kitchen:
- Salads are a great no-heat option – they are super customizable and you can incorporate loads of healthy ingredients to make something really tasty. Making Home Base shared 12 simple ideas that incorporate fresh, seasonal summer vegetables.
- You might be surprised to learn that your slow-cooker is a great option in the summer since it doesn’t put out heat like a stove or oven. Instead of stashing it away until winter, try one of these 42 recipes from Greatist.
- Good Food Pittsburgh rounded up 15 no-oven options to help you eat well, while staying cool.
- Need to whip up a dessert, but the sun is sweltering? Try one of these 50 easy, no-bake desserts from Six Sisters Stuff.
- If you’re looking for an easy snack that they kids will love, Cupcakes and Kale compiled healthy kid-approved snacks that don’t require an oven. You’ll also find gluten, dairy and nut free options to accommodate all diets.
For other awesome health and fitness articles, check out more Friday Fives!