Friday Fives December 21, 2018
The most anticipated holiday season of the year is underway, but with it comes the inevitable stress that can take a toll on your mental and physical health. To get ahead of those stressful feelings, plan now for how you will manage the holidays with these helpful tips.
- First off – breathe. We all can get so wound up in the "go, go, go" mentality that we forget to re-center ourselves. Kris Carr shares her tips for staying not only healthy during the holiday season, but how to decompress from the stress.
- With plenty of holiday goodies, extravagant meals and plentiful leftovers, it's easy to stress out over the state of your health and fitness. The Fitnessista discusses why you should eat foods that energize you and maintain your exercise routine because you love your body, not because you feel guilty for eating too much or indulging in some holiday treats.
- Make sure to take time to rest your body and mind when life gets hectic. Pick the Brain recommends resetting yourself with these mantras to help you relax, feel calm and alleviate stress.
- Direct your attention to self-reflection and how you've grown over this past year. Zen Habits shared ways to close out the year and start the New Year by reviewing, letting go and setting intentions for the new year.
- The holiday season acts as a reminder to be grateful for everything in your life. Making the decision to be grateful can act as an antidote to stress. Wellness Mama discusses how and why you should shift your stress into gratitude this holiday season.
Check out more Friday Fives for other great health and fitness articles.