Friday Fives August 31, 2018
While Labor Day weekend may signify the unofficial end of summer, and it is bittersweet to see the warm, sunny weather replaced with falling leaves and crisp air, we do love a long weekend relaxing with family and friends! Whether you have a group gathering planned or are simply hanging around the house, we wanted to share a few fun ways you can make the most of this weekend.
- Try making these peanut butter oatmeal cups from Sprouted Kitchen, which are a perfect portable option for busy mornings when you are trying to get the kids to school on time or are running late to work. You can make these in bulk ahead of time and can even personalize them with extra add ins like berries, apples or chocolate chips to keep your taste buds wanting more.
- PaleOMG shared a 20-minute total body band workout that can easily be done if you are traveling and staying in a hotel, as well as a recipe for delicious no-bake chocolate walnut brownie energy balls to enjoy as a protein filled post-workout snack.
- This Instant Pot zucchini bolognese from Nom Nom Paleo is perfect for when you are craving a cozy bowl of pasta, but are trying to be mindful of carbs.
- If you are looking to burn off some energy with your kids, try challenging your family to a group workout. Bowflex Fitness Advisor Tom Holland shared his favorite way to get moving outside with his family – no equipment required!
- Are you planning to tackle a tough workout or long run this weekend? Greatist shared a list of the best and worst foods to help sore muscles recover, which includes great news for coffee drinkers!
For other awesome health and fitness articles, check out more Friday Fives!