Fit and Healthy Friday Fives!
Let’s be honest with ourselves – we love to make excuses when it comes to fitness, especially if it is cold and dreary outside. It’s not that we don’t have the time to work out, it’s that we sometimes don’t make the time. In the colder months, it is important to find your motivation to work out and stick with it.
- Waking up early might not be the first thing that comes to mind, but there is something to be said about feeling a sense of accomplishment before the sun rises. By getting up early, you create designated time for yourself to reach your goals: you can go on a run, perform meditation or yoga, and make a healthy breakfast. Savvy Sassy Moms agrees that this is the best way to start your day and feel that sense of accomplishment.
- After a long day at work or school, all you want to do is relax and sleep. To ensure you follow through with your workout plans, Love Sweat Fitness recommends writing down your goals because you are 42% more likely to stick to your plan, according to research from Dominican University.
- Motivation begins from within, which is why it is vital to think about what you are eating. Your diet directly impacts how you feel and your energy levels. The Fitnessista shared a recipe for protein-packed turkey bacon, kale, and cheese egg muffins to help you start each of your busy days on the right foot.
- Even if you understand the importance of working out and eating healthy, it can be hard to create long-term habits. Blogger Kris Carr discusses how we each have different health and wellness personalities, which means we will all have different motivators. She suggests identifying your health and wellness archetype to help you look at your good and bad habits. To find your archetype, you can take the quiz.
- Beyond finding your archetype, you can try new things to help find what motivates you. The Fox and She has found that the thought of working out on a treadmill doesn’t motivate her to exercise, but riding a bike does. It’s all about searching for what makes you feel excited about being active and creating a mindset that you want to feel your best.
For other awesome health and fitness advice, check out more Friday Fives!