Fine-tuning Your Workout Regime for Ultimate Results
Do you find yourself getting bored with your workouts and not seeing results? Stop wasting your time. Here are 10 tips that will take your workouts to the next level:
- Communication is critical. Your body has a dashboard and is constantly telling you what is going on with your body. If something doesn't feel right, then make an adjustment and fix it.
- Listen to your gut. If it is telling you to try something new. Immediately jump in. Your subconscious mind is taking you to the next level.
- Give purpose to your training. No time for dilly-dallying. Focus on what you want, and with laser vision, make it happen. Cut your next workout time in half and see how efficient you can use your time. Don't stop.
- Mix it up. Don't do the same thing over and over. Experiment with speed, number of reps, angles, activities.
- Make sure you stay nourished and eat something healthy – preferably protein within 15-30 minutes after your workout.
- If you are relying on exercising to burn off the bad foods you eat, you are in for a long journey. Take note of what you are eating, and trim the fat.
- Find a role model and eliminate the gap between you and your ideal.
- Train with an expert at a minimum of once a month. It is worth every penny. It helps you use your time efficiently and get out of a routine. If you don't have access, do a top personal trainer's DVD.
- Listen to some energetic music that gets you grooving. If you enjoy what you are listening to, it will push you to the next level and you will want to come back. One of the only activities that activates, stimulates, and uses the entire brain is music.
- Breathing is paramount. Be aware of your inhales and exhales. Don't force or hold your breath.
Consistency is a priority. Put your fitness goals high on your to-do list. If you get yourself in the best shape possible, it will enhance every other category in your life.