Give Your Breakfast Some Color: Rainbow Omelet Recipe
Looking for a way to brighten up your omelet while keeping it fresh and healthy? Checkout this rainbow omelet recipe.
Rainbow Omelet Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Nutrition per serving:
Calories 110Fat 5 gCarbs 7 gFiber 2 gProtein 10 g
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbs water
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Chop vegetables.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil on medium skillet over medium heat.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, water and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Cook onion, and pepper for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Sprinkle with cumin. Add spinach or kale to pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Spread cooked vegetables evenly over bottom or pan. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until top of omelet no longer has visible liquid egg.
- Flip and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Top with diced tomato and optional ingredients and enjoy!
Serve with side of toast or fruit.
Optional ingredients: 1/3 cup egg whites, finely chopped cilantro, salsa, shredded cheese.