Winter Recipe: Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
These scones have a delicious winter flavor combination that will make your mouth water. They’re perfect in the morning or as a little snack during the day. Eat some warm or freeze them for later. You’ll want to make these every winter!
Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
Serving size: 1
Nutrition per serving (based on 8 scones):
Calories 200Fat 6 gCarbs 28 gFiber 5 gProtein 6 g
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 Tbs butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients (flour through salt). Stir in the cranberries.
- In a small bowl whisk together the pumpkin, butter, egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 3-5 times (do not overwork the dough. If it’s too sticky, sprinkle a little flour on the dough and knead it once or twice before flattening. Pat dough into a round, approximately 1-inch thick.
- Cut into triangle shaped pieces (8-12 scones).
- Place the scones on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top. Toothpick or fork should come out clean.