The No-Cook Mediterranean Tuna Salad
This truly is a protein fiber packed all-in-one dish meal requiring absolutely no cooking. And what could be better than that!? I know in my part of the U.S. (Southeastern New Mexico), there are weeks when we actually get tired of grilling or it’s just too darn hot to be standing over a barbeque in the 105+ degree weather. It’s also too hot to turn on the oven so dinner options can become limited in a hot hurry. Enter the no-cook yet filling dinner salad. I love being able to pop open a few cans of tuna, beans, dice some veggies and have a quick healthy meal.
No-Cook Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 0 min
Total time: 20 min
- 1 5oz can tuna, in water
- 1/2 cup garbanzo or chickpeas
- 5-6 green beans
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 artichoke hearts (optional), cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with salad dressing or lemon juice and olive oil.
- To reduce calories, leave out feta and/or artichoke hearts.
- Serve with a side of whole grain pita bread or sprinkle a few tablespoons of cold cooked quinoa to make a heartier meal.
- Swap tuna for canned salmon.