Friday Fives, May 26, 2017
The month of May signifies National Stroke Awareness Month. Each year, approximately 795,000 Americans suffer a stroke, making it the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. Fortunately, 80 percent of all strokes can be prevented through changes in diet and exercise regimens. We compiled a few ways to lower your risk of suffering a stroke with recipes and exercises from health and fitness bloggers.
- Lowering your sodium intake is an easy way to decrease many potential health issues, including strokes. She’s Cookin shared 10 heart healthy, low sodium dinner recipes for the whole family to enjoy year-round.
- Sodium Girl shared a low-sodium recipe guide that is full of ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks!
- High Blood pressure is one of the leading risk factors for suffering a stroke. Try these 15 natural ways to lower your blood pressure from Authority Nutrition to reduce your risk of stroke.
- Yoga is an easy, effective way to de-stress, while lowering your heart rate and blood pressure. These six poses from 42 Yogis are great for those looking to lower their high-blood pressure.
- Exercise is another great way to lower blood pressure and in turn lower your risk of stroke. These five exercise ideas from Fitness Backer will get you moving at home or the gym.
Check out more Friday Fives for other great health and fitness articles.